Steve Crosby – Wading through the pandemic years
Steve Crosby walks us through his journey to become a dive pro and what it has taken to stay connected to the dive industry particularly during the pandemic years.
Many people have asked me how to get into and become successful in the dive industry. Hard work and determination… Be like Steve.
He is a shining example of how to progress and focus on the goals one at a time without taking your eye off the prize and all whilst maintaining the right attitude, with a smile.
Steve is one of the nicest guys you would ever wish to meet and I have no doubt that anyone wishing to dive and/or learn from him will have an amazing time whilst doing so.
I’m a big fan of humility and Steve exudes this, just take a listen and you’ll see what I mean.
Should you wish to get in touch with Steve and arrange some dives you can connect with him through his website at Crosby Dive
Steve’s diving journey:
- 2004 – He became a NAUI Open Water Diver – Instantly hooked on diving
- Fun dives throughout Central America and the Caribbean.
- 2008 – Completed NAUI Nitrox Course.
- 2013 – Arrives in Koh Tao and realises diving is the industry for him
- 2014 – Completed SSI Dive master and then OW Instructor training
- 2014 – 2015 Teaching various SSI courses
- 2015 – RAID Deco 50 course completed and became a RAID Instructor
- 2016 – TDI Trimix course in Malaysia
- 2016 – RAID Advanced Wreck Instructor
- 2016 – RAID Instructor Trainer
- Back to Malaysia to gain qualifications to become a Tech Instructor
- Tioman, Malaysia – completed RAID Deco 40 and 50 Instructor programs
- TDI instructor course, enabling me to teach technical diving though TDI as well.
- 2017 – Worked for Bali Dive Trek and became a Side-mount and DPV Diver and later received my DPV Instructor Certification
- Late 2017 – Koh Tao for Sidemount Instructor and ADV Wreck Instructor Trainer
- 2018 – Co-founded Unique Descent Dive Adventures (UDDA), with the goal of leading expeditions around the world
- Sept 2018 – Mexico to attain Full Cave Diver Certification
- Mar 2019 – Egypt to start working at Red Sea Explorers
- Oct 2019 – Mexico to complete Stage and Multi Stage Courses
- 2020 Covid hit – re-organisation of life and objectives
- Dec 2021 – Mexico full time to engage in further training and qualifications. Currently working as a cave and cavern guide having completed CCR Mod 1 and focussing on Cave Instructor qualifications.